Enter for a chance to win a $100 Amazon gift card when you submit a title for my book!
- Read my book synopsis below and submit your recommended title via social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn) with #Martinesbook
- Three submissions per individual maximum
- Submission Deadline: Friday, November 10
- Winner is announced: Friday, December 15
- Winner will receive a $100 Amazon Gift Card!
Are you Martine Kalaw? If so, your father is looking for you.
At age thirty three, a LinkedIn message reconnects Martine with the father she thought dead for nearly twenty years. Here begins the story of a prep-school illegal immigrant’s return to her birth land of Zambia, where she discovers the layers of truth behind her mother’s death, her father’s neglect and the painful circumstances that led to her overnight disappearance to America. Joined by Celeste, a feisty American (and very pregnant) best friend, Martine confronts the visceral poverty of her early existence, a clan of siblings, and the interwoven joy and pain of rediscovering home after thirty years. Visiting Zambia at the height of the ebola panic, and riots erupting when a white president is reinstated for the first time since liberation, Martine finds Zambia to be a warm - but complex - country. Martine remains steadfast on her journey in hopes that her father will provide access to her identity. What she encounters along the way is something she never knew existed, which will never leave her the same person she once was.